Point of the game: Take steps to be more mindful about your driving, thus reducing the stress on yourself and others as you get from one place to another!
Rules of action: Make a pledge to be more compassionate in your driving and to be attentive to compassionate actions by others! (See Rules of Strategy for concrete ways to fulfull your pledge). Share your pledge to Drive with Compassion on social media.
Post your experiences and reflection from Drive With Compassion on the Compassion Report Map to further disseminate the antidote of compassion to the world, and to inspire others to do the same!
Rules of Strategy:
- Allow enough time to arrive at your destination! (Adequate time is your #1 ally in this challenge!)
- Obey speed limits.
- Rather than talking on the phone, responding to the beep of text messages or picking up a soda or sandwich, be present for driving. Silence your devices!
- Refrain from horn beeping, swearing, or other expressions of “road rage.”
- Allow other drivers to merge into traffic.
- Always use your turn signal as a way to be courteous and predictable.
- Safely share the road with cyclists and yield to pedestrians.
- Carpool or offer a friend a ride.
- Recognize and celebrate when people are compassionate towards you, and equally, when you are able to be compassionate toward others.
Tools and Equipment:
- Compassionate patience, mindfulness
- A motor vehicle
- The Compassion Report Map to share your experiences and reflections
Notes, links or ideas:
Drive with Compassion is a pledge to act compassionately when behind the wheel. Let’s bring compassion to the road! This Way to Play was brought to us by Mercedes Guzman from Compassionate Atlanta. You can reach Mercedes at firstname.lastname@example.org